Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Songs from the heart

Nights in St. George are my favorite things. Nothing beats sitting on my porch while singing and playing the guitar with friends. Brittani and I try to harmonize, and sometimes we succeed, and then we give each other fist bumps. Peace comes through music. It's relaxing and gives me peace of mind. 

For once in my life I actually want to perform in church. I want to find a song that is literally music to the ears, and bear my testimony through song. I'm surrounded with amazing voices, and I want for us to share our talents. We'll see if I still feel that way in a couple weeks. 

I've found a butt load of songs lately that I am in love with, and I play them on repeat constantly. I'm sure I'll start to get sick of them soon though. 

I miss choir. I miss my director jumping up and down when all the notes finally came together to create a masterpiece. I miss being able to hit the high notes. I miss singing my favorite choir songs. I miss feeling of accomplishment when given a solo. I miss looking over into the men's section and seeing that one boy. I miss using my voice for good.

I wish I could just pick up an instrument and play. I wish I was more willing to practice and learn.
I can't wait for the day where I can sing in a choir of angels.

No comments: