Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ramblings from an adult

Life is a strange thing that happens to us humans. It definitely doesn't always go as planned. It has its ups and downs and its many certainties and uncertainties. We tend to plan things out in our heads, and then those plans never go as follows. 
Sometimes when surprised I cry. And today I cried. And while I think I should have let more tears fall, I got control of myself and stopped. Life is hard. Life is complicated. Life is a journey. 
I move out in two days. I have been so excited up to this point. Now all I want to do is cry. I want to cry because of many reasons. I want to cry because I don't feel ready. I want to cry because I'm letting go of my past. I want to cry because crying lets me feel my emotions. I can't wait for the new friends I meet and the new journeys I am about to take part in. I'm just nervous. I want to cry because I'm nervous. Trusting in the Lord is hard. It is oh so hard for me. But I can't stop before the miracle happens. 
I have been 18 for exactly two months today.
You know while life is hard, difficult, stupid, and very crazy. It also has it's way of being very humorous and sneaky. You know that surprise I talk about? Well that surprise was a letter from someone I haven't heard from in over 6 months. And that letter was a late happy birthday letter. And guess what. I got it on the 13th. My birthday is on the 13th. I don't care that it was late. All I care about is that I got it. You know what's also humorous. Today I actually have to be an adult. I have to pack up everything to start a new life. Yesterday I was a child and had a play date. Today I am an adult and have to make big decisions for myself. 

1 comment:

Cam said...

Becoming an adult is not easy, but its part of the process of becoming the future YOU!