Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The end

Highschool is over, and I don't know how I feel about it.
Thursday was my last day. It seemed like an average day other than the fact that I, along with a few other seniors, almost got our history teacher, a non emotional guy, to cry. Myself along with three of my other friends just hugged and didn't want to depart from each others presence. We were all confused on what the next step was. It was as if our whole lives had flashed before our eyes in a blink of an eye.  Our lives would never be the same. We knew we would see each other at graduation, but walking away from each other at that moment, on that day, was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
My life has been full of its ups and downs, sure, but it seems that school has always been a constant and has kept me on my feet. My education has been better than most. I have had the privilege of going to a private school my entire life, and have been able to mix religion and school. Most people disagree with that concept, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that education and history make no sense without religion and God. How grateful am I to know this truth. How grateful am I to learn the real truths about history and not the crap that the government wants to pollute our minds with. My God is great. And my education is great because of my God.
Next week I will be finishing off another chapter in my life. Graduation. While I am so very scared of the future, I am also very excited to see what God has in store for me. I was asked to speak at graduation, and I have no idea what to say. How am I to express myself in words without expressing myself in tears. I don't know why I was asked to speak, but I was told, "It was obvious" that it should be me speaking. Others have attended my school much longer than I have, but I hope that what I have to say will be of value and importance.
Highschool, you have sure been an interesting one. I have found the best of friends. I have made some of the greatest memories. You have harbored some of the darkest days of my life. But you have made be the person I am today. How grateful I am for those teachers who have inspired me to live up to my potential. I just hope I can be the person you see me as, and most importantly, the way God sees me.

No comments: